I thought I would give some information about my Practice sessions and how much time in each practice.
Well My practice, as I have written earlier, consists of a few blocks:
- First Early Morning Practice – 30 minutes to an hour. This is at home before kids and wife wake up. This practice is a structured one. where I pull out music and put it on the stand and play. It is almost entirely BluesHarmonica.com kind of practice. Anything that requires that I sit down at home is done during this time. So if I do some amplified harmonica, it is during this time. If I need to read sheet music, I do it during this time.
- Before Work Practice – 30 minutes to 45 minutes. This is in the car waiting in the garage before going into work. This practice is less structured. I don’t do any sheet music during this time (it is too hard to read while sitting in the car). I do play some background music through my iphone though. No amplified harp here, but I could use an app to try it. I probably will at some point.
- Lunch at Work – 30 minutes to 45 minutes. This is in the car and is exactly the same thing as the Before Work Practice Session.
- After Work – 30 minutes to 45 minutes. This is in the car and is exactly the same thing as the other Garage Practice.
- Waiting for Appointments – 30 minutes to 60 minutes. This is in the car as well. But it is while wife or kids are in an appointment.
- Just Playing Around – maybe 30 minutes total. Here I play during commercials on the TV and during downtimes. This is mostly playing the song that I am practicing right now.
So some days I get 5 sessions in. Most of these sessions are 30 minutes. So on an average day I put in at least 150 minutes. Wow, 2 1/2 hours and none of it is really hard to put in.
Practice Update 3/22/2017
First Early Morning Practice was completed and I practiced the following:
- Temperature (BluesHarmonica.Com Study Song) with particular emphasis on chorus 5. I need to begin working on chorus 6.
- Solo Harmonica Study 2 – this is very close to completion. I will probably record this this Friday Morning.
- Accompaniment Study 2 – This is ready. I need to record this on Friday morning.
Last evening, I continued practicing Amazing Grace.
The rest of the day, I will do some more Temperature and Solo Harmonica Study.