Tongue blocking has gone pretty well. I do probably need to go back and relearn some kind of pucker technique. I am already doing something like that when I hit hole 1 and am not tongue switching.
My tremolo or vibrato, whatever you want to call it, is pretty good and I need to continue working on it…
It has been a while since I did one of these so let structure my practice.
There are three techniques I am working on now slowly:
- Tongue Slaps – This is the big emphasis of Level of Achievement Level 2
- Tongue Flutter – Introduced in Level of Achievement Level 2
- Dip – Introduced in Level of Achievement Level 2. Also in Amazing Grace from Ronnie Shellist
- Trill, Head shake – This was already done in Level of Achievement Level 1 and continues on.
Techniques that I need to start working on but will in the future:
slide up and down – Not sure why it is so hard for me, but I can’t get a decent slide. I need to work here.
I’m hoping to finish BluesHarmonica.Com Level of Achievement (level 2) by the end of this month. Material for this week includes:
- Temperature Chorus 5 (BluesHarmonica.Com Stage 2)
- Amazing Grace – Song from Ronnie Shellist
- Solo Harmonica Study 2 (1.5) (BluesHarmonica.Com Stage 2)
- Accompaniment Playing 2 (1.12) (BluesHarmonic.Com Stage 2)
- Played a little with Gindick’s Country Blues Book.
I am playing about 2 hours a day now. 30 minutes before work, 30 minutes after work, 30 minutes during lunch, and a 30 minute session usually while waiting for a child’s appointment.